Saturday, March 29, 2008

Three's the charm




The rule of three: Bad things always happen in groups of three- we have had our three! We own a Red Ford Ranger Pickup and our daughter was driving it before we bought her this little red car in the pictures above. The clutch went out in the truck right after she started to drive her car. Two, the repairs to my car as I mentioned in the before this one. Now it is this- I woke up to a crunching sound this morning to find my daughter had tangled with her dad's work truck bumper. She was in a panic. I have learned in this journey as a parent that when your children are in a state, it is extremely important that you don't panic. I held her and told her to calm down- that I was relieved that she was alright and this could have been so much worse! I untangled the two vehicles and went to work pulling the fender out. The car is drivable so, it is not an emergency. I am just thankful that we have had our three! The funniest part was she was taking a friend home from a sleepover- that friend texted later to tell Steph that she was thankful that she had something to tell Steph's great grandchildren.

1 comment:

Cotton Queen said...

Poor Stephanie, but at least it was at home and she is ok. And you guys have a great story!!!! Nothing like blackmail.